A dedicated API for Embedded and Wearable application development
The NEMA®|GFX-API (Application Programming Interface) designed to accelerate high quality Graphics User Interface (GUI) development for embedded and wearable devices. The key differentiation from other API offerings is support for ultra-low power functions without the overhead of unnecessary programming instructions for IoT (Internet of Things) hardware. A System-on-Chip (SoC) with Cortex-M or a microcontroller paired with the NEMA® GPUs and NEMA®|Display Controller is the precise combination for the NEMA®|GFX-API that offers developers direct access to the full spectrum of capabilities to create appealing GUIs for ultra-low power devices.
The NEMA®|GFX-API was designed from scratch to significantly reduce application development by providing a minimal yet very powerful set of functions. By including all the frame buffer and software libraries in the SoC on-chip memory, we eliminated any customer’s need for costly external memory. The dedicated support for a fast, low-power executable empowers developers with the essential building blocks for use with NEMA® GPUs to create new classes of embedded and wearable hardware.
The NEMA®|GFX-API provides the following features and benefits:
- Small memory footprint optimization that eliminates the need for costly external memory.
- GUI image enhancements for perspective correct 3D projection, transparency/alpha blending, color keying, multi-function image processing.
- Performance and power-optimized code provides flexibility in development for programmers.
- Support for multiple color formats for both source and destination textures.
- Support for multiple operating systems and non-OS systems (including real-time operating systems) in resource constrained environments.
- Command List support decouples CPU and GPU execution and provides the ability to reuse a Command List multiple times resulting in lower CPU utilization.
The NEMA®|GFX-API offers developers support for a variety of geometric primitives. The API also allows for affine and 3D transformations including 2D/3D rotation, scaling, shearing, and more. A complementary element, NEMA®|GFX Utils, provides access to high-level operations such as events, image processing functions and memory allocation algorithms. The combination of these tools supports high quality GUI development.
For further information: