Development and Operations Engineer
In April 2020, Applied Materials acquired Think Silicon®, a semiconductor technology portfolio company based in Greece. Think Silicon develops and licenses high-performance, ultra-low power Graphics Processing Units (GPU’s) and display controller technology for wearables, IoT, home appliances etc. Think Silicon's ambition is to become the leading low-power mobile graphics company in the world!
Based on our current growth we are now looking to expand our team! We are currently looking for:
Development and Operations Engineer (Permanent / Full Time)
Location : Athens / Patras, Greece (in our Development Center)
- We offer a very generous re-location package to help you move/return to Greece.
- The candidate will benefit from the new foreign tax residence incentive, granting an income tax exemption of 50%.
As a DevOps Engineer in Think Silicon SA, you will be part of a fast scaling R&D team responsible for the quality, consistency and accuracy of internal testing and customer release deliverables. You will work as an integral part of the engineering team to obtain a high level of understanding of the applications, product packaging and testing requirements for technologies and tools developed by Think Silicon.
- Responsible for the maintenance, Continuous Integration and Deployment Infrastructure that is used by R&D development teams in the company.
- Accountable for on time delivery and product expected quality.
- You will work with Development Teams to define product release flow and ensure all required tests are integrated, results are monitored and documented.
- You will collaborate with IT Personnel to ensure HPC/Linux infrastructure state, capabilities and capacity are in line with requirements.
- Be the liaison with Customer Sales/FAE to ensure product delivery to customer with the required quality assurance test.
- Deep Understanding of Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) and Build Automation methodologies
- Experience with Jenkins CI/CD framework
- Experience with Software Product Life Cycles
- Familiar with Atlassian Jira/Confluence
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes Container Management
- Working experience with Git/GitHub/BitBucket Source Control
- Experience in Makefiles, Bash, Perl and Python Scripting
- Experience in HPC Unix Environment
- 4+ years developer experience with a programming language such as C/C++
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with competing priorities
- Experience with Embedded System Design and EDA Tools.
This position always requires an understanding of Applied Materials Global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards. This includes demonstrating ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.
Education: BSc / 4+ years' experience
Years of Experience: 4 - 7 years
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Relocation eligible: Yes
Why choose Applied Materials?
When you work at Applied Materials / Think Silicon, in addition to a competitive salary, you have access to a wide range of benefits, including
- Financial & Savings benefits
- Health & Wellness
- Paid time-off
- Insurance & Income Protections
- Medical plan
- Meal Allowance
- Development & Training opportunities.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including equal employment opportunity for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.