Machine Learning Engineer
In April 2020, Applied Materials acquired Think Silicon®, a semiconductor technology portfolio company based in Greece. Think Silicon develops and licenses high-performance, ultra-low power Graphics Processing Units (GPU’s) and display controller technology for wearables, IoT, home appliances etc. Think Silicon's ambition is to become the leading low-power mobile graphics company in the world!
Based on our current growth we are now looking to expand our team! We are currently looking for:
Machine Learning Engineer (Permanent / Full Time)
Location : Athens / Patras, Greece (in our Development Center)
- We offer a very generous re-location package to help you move/return to Greece.
- The candidate will benefit from the new foreign tax residence incentive, granting an income tax exemption of 50%.
- Develop code and documentation for a variety of difficult software projects,
- Design and implement bug fixes.
- Design a variety of difficult software projects.
- Define software specifications.
- Interface with internal customers for requirements analysis and schedule.
- Troubleshoot a variety of difficult software problems. Perform software tests on code and enhancements.
- Work independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations and develop innovative solutions as part of proven track record of significant technology contributions.
- Interface with external customers regarding software issues.
- Compile data for regularly scheduled or special reports, analysis and statements.
- Ability to technically execute difficult, complex software projects.
- Have a strong foundation and discipline in Machine Learning/Deep Learning algorithms.
- Hands-on experience in Machine Learning/Deep Learning Frameworks and APIs (PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe2 etc.).
- Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g., Python).
- Experience in C/C++ programming.
- Experience in Computer Vision algorithms (e.g. Face Recognition, Object detection etc.).
- Ability to communicate difficult concepts and negotiate with others to adopt a different point of view.
- Background in embedded system architectures.
- Linux development skills.
- Experience in image processing algorithms and frameworks (e.g., OpenCV).
- Familiar with multiprocessing and multithreaded programming.
Education: Msc / 5 + years' experience
Years of Experience: 4 - 7 years
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Relocation eligible: Yes
Why choose Applied Materials?
When you work at Applied Materials / Think Silicon, in addition to a competitive salary, you have access to a wide range of benefits, including
- Financial & Savings benefits
- Health & Wellness
- Paid time-off
- Insurance & Income Protections
- Medical plan
- Meal Allowance
- Development & Training opportunities.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including equal employment opportunity for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.