Principal IC Design Engineer (Permanent / Full Time)
In April 2020, Applied Materials acquired Think Silicon®, a semiconductor technology portfolio company based in Greece. Think Silicon develops and licenses high-performance, ultra-low power Graphics Processing Units (GPU’s) and display controller technology for wearables, IoT, home appliances etc. Think Silicon's ambition is to become the leading low-power mobile graphics company in the world!
Based on our current growth we are now looking to expand our team! We are currently looking for:
Principal IC Design Engineer (Permanent / full time)
Location : Athens / Patras, Greece (in our Development Center)
- We offer a very generous re-location package to help you move/return to Greece.
- The candidate will benefit from the new foreign tax residence incentive, granting an income tax exemption of 50%.
- Anticipate business challenges and/or regulatory issues
- Recommend process, product or service improvements
- Solve unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business
- Contribute to multiple technical areas of expertise and lead chip design activities in at least one domain
- Plan the development and verification activities for complex IP blocks
- Provide hardware design solutions for complex graphics and machine learning algorithms.
- Lead project teams to achieve milestones and objectives
- Collaborate with customer IC teams to reach successful integration of IP cores and tape-outs.
- Act as Technical mentor for more junior members
- Represent the organization in internal and external technical communications, conferences etc.
- Follow complex program schedules, budgets, and milestones and provide guidance on program deviations
- Expert knowledge of HDL design: SoC integration, embedded CPU, bus-systems, peripherals, co-processors, memories, clock- and power management, external interfaces, Low power design, test and verification.
- Very good knowledge of ASIC design tool usage (front-end simulation and implementation) Synopsys, Cadence, Mentor.
- Experience with SystemVerilog / VHDL.
- Experience with C and embedded software programming.
- Experience with FPGA prototyping, test and verification.
- Linux environment, shell programming, revision control systems and scripting (bash/tcshell, TCL, Perl, Python).
- Experience in the following IP design: GPU/DSP, hardware accelerators, co-processors, background in computer graphics.
- Gate Level Simulations (e.g. power aware verification or DfT).
- Experience in a UVM verification environment.
- Formal methodologies/tools (Jasper, Onespin, VC formal).
- Leadership in projects with notable risk and complexity.
- Applies innovative thinking to solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business.
- Knowledgeable of functional policies and industry guidelines which impact the direction and resource allocation.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view.
Education: Master's Degree
Years of Experience: 7 - 10 years
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Relocation eligible: Yes
Why choose Applied Materials?
When you work at Applied Materials / Think Silicon, in addition to a competitive salary, you have access to a wide range of benefits, including
- Financial & Savings benefits
- Health & Wellness
- Paid time-off
- Insurance & Income Protections
- Medical plan
- Meal Allowance
- Development & Training opportunities.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including equal employment opportunity for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.