Principal Machine Learning Engineer
In April 2020, Applied Materials acquired Think Silicon®, a semiconductor technology portfolio company based in Greece. Think Silicon develops and licenses high-performance, ultra-low power Graphics Processing Units (GPU’s) and display controller technology for wearables, IoT, home appliances etc. Think Silicon's ambition is to become the leading low-power mobile graphics company in the world!
Based on our current growth we are now looking to expand our team! We are currently looking for:
Principal Machine Learning Engineer (Permanent / Full Time)
Location : Athens / Patras, Greece (in our Development Center)
- We offer a very generous re-location package to help you move/return to Greece.
- The candidate will benefit from the new foreign tax residence incentive, granting an income tax exemption of 50%.
- Lead project teams to achieve milestones and objectives as well as to contribute to the development of functional strategy.
- Interface with various internal and external customers or vendors regarding software issues, requirement analysis and schedules.
- Anticipate internal and or external business challenges as well as recommend process, product or service improvements
- Troubleshoot a wide range of significantly complex software problems. Perform software tests on code and enhancements.
- Define software specifications, and design software products.
- Contribute to technical review boards for assigned programs.
- Compile data for regularly scheduled or special reports, analysis and statements.
- Develop innovative solutions as part of proven track record of significant technology contributions. Recognized internally (across Business Units) as one of the limited numbers of technical experts in their field of expertise
- Define methods and new technologies and apply them on unusually complex systems. Analyze the approach and verify the validity of technical strategies.
- Ability to technically lead and/or executes difficult, complex software projects.
- Strong foundation and discipline in Machine Learning/Deep Learning algorithms.
- Hands-on experience in Machine Learning/Deep Learning Frameworks and APIs (PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe2 etc.).
- Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g., Python).
- Experience in C/C++ programming.
- Experience in Computer Vision algorithms (e.g. Face Recognition, Object detection etc.).
- Strong ability to solve unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business.
- The ideal candidate will have participated in at least one critical patent, and who has received recognition through at least one award and/or published paper within the last five years.
- Background in embedded system architectures.
- Linux development skills.
- Experience in image processing algorithms and frameworks (e.g., OpenCV).
- Familiar with multiprocessing and multithreaded programming.
Education: Masters Degree
Years of Experience: 10- 15 years
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Relocation eligible: Yes
Why choose Applied Materials?
- When you work at Applied Materials / Think Silicon, in addition to a competitive salary, you have access to a wide range of benefits, including
- Financial Savings benefits
- Health Wellness
- Paid time-off
- Insurance Income Protections
- Medical plan
- Meal Allowance
- Development Training opportunities.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including equal employment opportunity for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.