Solutions Architect, FAE Computer Graphics
Santa Clara, CA
Applied Materials / Think Silicon
Applied Materials is the global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display, and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries; their engineering solutions are used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world.
In April 2020, Applied Materials acquired Think Silicon®, which specializes in developing and licensing high-performance ultra-low power graphics IP technology. Think Silicon is headquartered in Greece with offices in Patras and Athens. Since Think Silicon’s founding in 2007, we have continued to grow, and we currently have an exciting, full-time, permanent opportunity for a Solutions Architect / FAE - Computer Graphics.
- This role's primary objective is to understand industry trends, market players, technology evolution, and secure design-ins and support IP products' development into Think Silicon's fabless semiconductor customers.
- This role requires a combination of strong software & hardware technical skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to execute technical training pieces. Strong debug and technical support skills are essential, and the ability to time-manage and service multiple large demanding customers concurrently.
- The role will also involve facilitating the success of current products and identifying requirements for future solutions. This is a frontline position based in the US to the customers supported by the R&D team in HQ Greece. Necessary training will be provided.
- Make timely decisions based on facts gathered considering manageable risk while setting priorities based on business impact.
- Drive pre-sales activities to achieve successful design-in results; Actively help to generate significant business through design wins.
- Provide strong technical expertise in support of pre & post-sales activities
- Act as a consultant to customers during their development process
- Make recommendations for disruptive improvement to products and roadmap.
- Help develop account strategies and coordinate design-in activities
- Coordinate and track design in activities with customers
- Contribute to research of competition and help assess the pros/cons of competitive offerings, then assist in generating collateral to identify device/system-level differentiation
- Help assess and advise on market trends that will affect product development and roadmaps.
- Network with internal and external contacts in the area of expertise, frequent inter-organizational contact.
- Leverage customer meetings to gather feedback about the customers' product plans, roadmaps, and relevant silicon requirements, and communicate intelligence to the product groups.
- Assist customers in the evaluation of Silicon and/or software performance in a system.
- Train customer engineers and/or other FAEs.
- Travel to customer sites as safety protocols allow
- Technical knowledge of graphics processing units, applications, and markets is preferred – Proven experience in such system development would be an asset.
- Technical expertise on SoCs, CPU, and Custom Processor architectures like ARM, RISC-V, CEVA, Tensilica, ARC, and MIPS, processor architectures is preferred – GPU experience will be a strong plus.
- Embedded Software programming experience with a solid foundation in software aspects of solutions (e.g. RTOS, Linux, OpenGL/CL, and abstraction layer), including enablement from 3rd party providers.
- Experience in Hardware design skills and the ability to guide customers' hardware architectures
- Strong leadership qualities to facilitate direct and matrix organizations to project completion to specifications and on schedule
- Capable of challenging the status quo to effect improvements and changes that will enhance the product and revenue with a strong influence & interpersonal skill
- Strong ability to analyze, summarize, and communicate efficiently
- Ticker: Nasdaq: AMAT
- Fiscal 2019 Revenue: $14.6 billion
- Fiscal 2019 R&D: $2 billion
- Founded: November 10, 1967
- Headquarters: Santa Clara, California
- Global Presence: 93 locations in 17 countries
- Manufacturing: China, Germany, Israel, Italy, Singapore, Taiwan, United States
- Employees: ~25,000 worldwide
- Patents: ~13,300 issued
Education: BSEE or equivalent, Master's Degree
Years of Experience: 7-10 years
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Relocation eligible: No
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including equal employment opportunity for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.