System / Firmware Testing Engineer Edge AI
System / Firmware Testing Engineer Edge AI
Location : Athens, Attiki, Greece
About the job
Interested in accelerating the AI and Big Data inflection across industries? Are you customer-obsessed, experienced, entrepreneurial, and looking for your next challenge?
The Applied Materials’ AI and Big Data team is actively recruiting for a highly motivated, energetic, and accomplished AI Systems (embedded) Software Test Engineer to push beyond the state-of-the-art systems. These can span new IoT Edge systems, mobile and connectivity systems, and high-performance Data analysis. This role requires expert technical communication skills with cross-functional teams across system architects, hardware engineers, AI application, and core technology groups to drive the incubation of new technologies from proof of concept through integration into products for mass production. #LI
This position will be based in our Development Centre in Athens, Greece
- We offer a very generous re-location package to help you move/return to Greece.
- The candidate will benefit from the new foreign tax residence incentive, granting an income tax exemption of 50%.
- Review requirements (Firmware and Application) to ensure they are complete and testable
- Accountable for test activities for manual test, Automation test and Firmware test
- Hands on Participation in all test activities as needed
- Responsible for test planning activities like define test strategy, create test plan, plan test schedule, test designs and test objectives to ensure product quality and quality of tests. Identify and track risks in the project test life cycle
- Responsible to Track and capture Test metrics like test schedule, test quality, test configuration management, Feature / Functions Pass Criterion, Critical, Major, Minor etc., and test project management documents
- Maintain high degree of Test Quality, source control; manage bug tracking, change requests and improvement logs
- Develop Thorough Product understanding and Provide technical support on products / technology
- Ensure right tools, technologies and platforms are chosen for the testing. Improve test execution by using right tools and technologies
- Develop & establish guidelines and best practices to ensure an effective test development process and well tested products
- Assist in training and developing team members in software, testing best practices. Conduct Reviews and ensure quality of test artifacts and deliverables.
- Work well in a structured but agile environment completing sprint run tests
- Identify, Plan & Develop Team Competencies & Capabilities
- Work with other project teams to identify, select / prioritize development of future projects
- Good understanding of IoT test framework and connectivity to Cloud testing and security issues in testing.
- Bachelors or Masters in Electronics / Instrumentation or Computer Science Engineering (similar or higher)
- 7+years in software & Firmware engineering with focus on testing, problem solving and validation of embedded firmware products;
- ISTQB Foundation level (or equivalent) certification along with ISTQB Test Manager would be advantage
- Hands-on expert in software test strategy, test process, test environment setup, test planning and execution along with test status reporting.
- Proficient in working with embedded software and analysis equipment (i.e. different Software protocol analyzers, test boxes, oscilloscopes, Multi meter)
- Hands on experience in developing test framework
- Knowledge of AI and Machine Learning systems a plus.
- At least 5 years’ hands on experience scripting language like Python, Jscript
- Writing code in C, language
- Proficient with Configuration management and version control processes
- Thorough understanding of Agile & Traditional software development life-cycle and familiarity with CMM model.
- Excellent RCA (Root Cause Analysis), trouble shooting and documentation required.
- Ability to travel internationally 10%
tools and technology
- Experience with Automation Test tools like TestComplete
- Proficient with MS Office Tools (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project, Visio)
- Disciplined and well-organized in software and firmware documentation and presentation
what we can offer you
When you work at Applied Materials, in addition to a competitive salary and generous bonus, you have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Financial & Savings benefits,
- Health & Wellness,
- Paid time-off,
- Insurance & Income Protections
- Medical plan,
- Meal Allowance
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience: 4 - 7 Years
Travel: Yes, 20% of the Time
Employment Type :Full-time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including equal employment opportunity for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.