Technical Project/Program Manager
In April 2020, Applied Materials acquired Think Silicon®, a semiconductor technology portfolio company based in Greece. Think Silicon develops and licenses high-performance, ultra-low power Graphics Processing Units (GPU’s) and display controller technology for wearables, IoT, home appliances etc. Think Silicon's ambition is to become the leading low-power mobile graphics company in the world!
Based on our current growth we are now looking to expand our team! We are currently looking for:
Technical Project/Program Manager (Permanent / Full Time)
Location : Athens / Patras, Greece (in our Development Center)
- We offer a very generous re-location package to help you move/return to Greece.
- The candidate will benefit from the new foreign tax residence incentive, granting an income tax exemption of 50%.
- Ensure that all projects and programs assigned are completed in accordance with predetermined requirements, with attention to product/process, specific costs, correct resources allocation and utilization, within completion timeliness.
- Manage professional employees and/or supervisors and be accountable for the performance and results of a team.
- Ensure that all phases of project, program and/or process development are documented, and that information required in other functional areas is reported, disseminated or transferred as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with company policies including (but not limited to) engineering/lab notebooks, patents, confidentiality, ISO (International Standards Org.) safety and others as required.
- Coordinate with group leaders to ensure their planning is complete and according to business goals and customer technical expectations and act as the liaison for deliverable dependencies among R&D subgroups - eg. Testing / Documentation / Definition of done / Quality
- Participate in Product Development and Architecture meetings to document plans for both research and development projects
- Track and Report project status of each R&D sub-function to ensure time schedule and deliverables are according to agreed plans.
- Coordinate with FAE to adjust planning due to customer support/integration activities and communicates changes.
- Propose necessary plan adjustments, agree with R&D Functional heads and communicate plan changes to all teams when such need arises, ensuring teams’ alignment and business awareness.
- Coordinate meetings with stakeholders to align planning.
- Expert knowledge of Atlassian JIRA/Confluence
- Strong System design background.
- Experience with Software Product Life Cycles
- The ability to guide, influence and persuade Managers to adapt plans and priorities to meet service and/or operational challenges.
- Ability to resolve complex problems and provide solutions.
This position always requires an understanding of Applied Materials Global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards. This includes demonstrating ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.
Education: Bachelor's Degree, Msc will be a plus
Years of Experience: 7+ years
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Relocation eligible: Yes
Why choose Applied Materials?
When you work at Applied Materials / Think Silicon, in addition to a competitive salary, you have access to a wide range of benefits, including
- Financial & Savings benefits
- Health & Wellness
- Paid time-off
- Insurance & Income Protections
- Medical plan
- Meal Allowance
- Development & Training opportunities.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including equal employment opportunity for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.