Technical Writer / Documentation Engineer
In April 2020, Applied Materials acquired Think Silicon®, a semiconductor technology portfolio company based in Greece. Think Silicon develops and licenses high-performance, ultra-low power Graphics Processing Units (GPU’s) and display controller technology for wearables, IoT, home appliances etc. Think Silicon's ambition is to become the leading low-power mobile graphics company in the world!
Based on our current growth we are now looking to expand our team! We are currently looking for:
Technical Writer / Documentation Engineer (Permanent / Full Time)
Location : Athens / Patras, Greece (in our Development Center)
- We offer a very generous re-location package to help you move/return to Greece.
- The candidate will benefit from the new foreign tax residence incentive, granting an income tax exemption of 50%.
As a Technical Writer / Documentation Engineer In Think Silicon SA, an Applied Materials company, you will be part of a fast scaling engineering team responsible for the quality, consistency and accuracy of the documentation content, for both internal and external technologies You will work as an integral part of the engineering team to obtain a high level of understanding of the applications and documentation requirements for technologies and tools developed by Think Silicon. You will work collaboratively with product managers, developers and field application engineers to make our products easier to use and integrated in customers products.
- Design, write, and edit technical and process documentation.
- Work closely with R&D team, to ensure the quality and accuracy of the content you create and develop.
- Analyze the needs of the target audience when developing documentation and user materials conduct in-depth interviews with subject matter experts to understand the product, process, or procedure.
- Work closely with, customer support, product management, services, and various other teams to develop high-quality documentation for the target audience.
- Contribute to the timely design, production, completion, and delivery of release notes and Product Guides and Application Notes.
- Plan, develop and write technical manuals with collaboration with multiple cross disciple team while maintaining a consistent documentation format.
- Experience designing, planning, and delivering consistent documentation for internal projects and external products.
- Experience working on or closely with Hardware/Software development teams.
- Experience working with agile project management methodologies.
- Experience working with Git or similar distributed version control system.
- Experience with authoring tools such as Markdown, HTML and Illustration tools.
- Ability to read and write example code in a programming language such as Python, Perl, C/C++, SystemVerilog etc and Documentation automation using LaTeX.
- Understanding of Embedded System Design.
- Fluency in English and Language used in technical documentation.
- 2+ years developer experience with a programming language such as C/C++.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Experience in a UNIX environment.
This position always requires an understanding of Applied Materials Global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards. This includes demonstrating ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.
Education: BSc / 2+ years' experience
Years of Experience: 4 - 7 years
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Relocation eligible: Yes
Why choose Applied Materials?
When you work at Applied Materials / Think Silicon, in addition to a competitive salary, you have access to a wide range of benefits, including
- Financial & Savings benefits
- Health & Wellness
- Paid time-off
- Insurance & Income Protections
- Medical plan
- Meal Allowance
- Development & Training opportunities.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including equal employment opportunity for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.